Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sometimes I'm just too ambitious

It has been playing in my head for quite some times.
The idea of opening up a small business.
Yet, I'm not sure how am I going to accomplish this.
I'm just a weakling with many limitations.
I just cant afford to be doing so many things at one time.
At one end, I'm an educator.... and on the other end, I'm a part-time Unit Trust Consultant. Now, to feed my youthful eagerness, I'm dreaming of having a business of my own (which is almost impossible coz I'm going to be a government servant soon).

Well, to do it or not to do it.... let me just lay out my current idea.
Lately, I've been doing some research on "Carwash" business.
It may sound weird, but believe me, I myself am amazed of how much effort I've put into this matter.
How much have I been looking into this carwashing thingy? Well, I'd gone to the extent of outlining the risks and benefits of this ridiculous endeavor.
Why do I like this business the most? simple, because it is a service-based business which does not involve products (less risk).
In order to establish it, I may only need to look for die-hardworking workers, finding the most feng shui location, strategic marketing and recruiting a trustworthy manager.
But doing all these, may take the sweat out of me if I were to do it alone.

Besides, when I started to think about the risks, plenty has come for me to ponder.
I may say that having a trustworthy manager is the key to this business... but how am I going to ensure that?
Moreover, many have said that local workers working rate is awfully unproductive, and that foreign workers are the best solution, how on earth would I bring them to Malaysia and place them in Terengganu if the business is allocated there?
Many would say, "dude, all you need to do is to put some effort into it. No business is easy maa". Yes indeed, I agree.
But, with my times divided into so many obligations (teaching and UTC), opening this business would seem impossible.

For short term journey, it might be very hard for me to achieve.
However, what may come in the future I dont know. Hopefully, I will find a way to do this. InsyaAllah.

No comments: